Friday, December 26, 2008

Officer Byrd Comes to Colorado

My college room mate Cage came out to visit us for a couple of days. We didn't do anything special, just a lot of hanging out. I had planned on going on a few hikes and showing him the beauty of the Rockies, but snow and freezing temps got in the way. So instead we hit one of the local breweries, played some video games (just like old times) and hit a local hot spot, "Bruce's Bar" with some of Jamie's co-workers. Bruce's one of two local bars here in Severance (only about a mile from our house) and they are famous for their rocky mountain oysters. Yes, that's right. The sign on the side of the building says "Where the geese fly and the bulls cry" (Severance also has a large geese population because of all the fun things to eat in the farm fields). I couldn't let Cage go back to the Northwest without trying some (I had never had them either, so it was a first for all of us). It is true what they say, it tasted like chicken... kind of. They were fried and looked like chicken strips, just a little rubbery and some had a strange after taste. Nevertheless, I can check that one off my list of things to do in Colorado.


Jamie and Cage after the first bite of the rocky mountain oysters...or maybe not.



Cage and Holly, one of Jamie's co-workers (Cage's favorite!!)

1 comment:

BIG Byrd said...

...I can't believe you sold me out!